Sometimes this whole wedding planning this is so stressful!! I know that I am not the only bride to feel this way, and I won't be the last. But at times I feel that because I come from a divorced family and so does Oren that it creates more stress. I also know that the stress comes mostly from my side of the family.
Both my mom and biological dad (BD) are remarried. They get along okay, but I continue to feel that whatever decisions I make my BD gets upset about. I am extremely close with my mom and have a closer relationship with my stepdad (SD) than I do with my BD. It is quite annoying seeing as I am not that close with my BD. He has been very passive aggressive about the invitation, my bridal shower, and about the ceremony.
I also feel that I can't talk to him like a grown up about how I want the ceremony to flow...meaning how I want to be walked down the aisle. That's right...how I WANT IT!!!! It's my day and I want what I want. My whole family can vouch for me when I say I have not been a "bridezilla"throughout this whole process. (Well, ok, there was that one time...but that was it!!!) But for going down the aisle I guess I am going to have to put my foot down.
My mom and I have come up with a very politically correct version of how I am going to go down. Fist my mom and my SD will walk down the aisle about 3/4 of the way down. Then my BD and stepmom (SM) will walk down about 1/2 way down. Then I will come out and walk to my BD and SM. They will walk me to my mom and SD, and my mom and SD will give me away.
Like I said TOO MANY PARENTS!! I hope this works! Only 39 more days to go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know that parents can be a pain, but its your special day as mom says. Just remember that! BTW...can you update your knot page? It boring!
Darlin, I hate to be the bearer of bad news (or the pisser on your parade)...but as people told me before our wedding, it's not just "your" special day. It's as much about your two (or 17 or whatever) families joining together as it is about you and Oren getting hitched as individuals. Only 39 more days, less by now, you'll just have to grin and bear it, and vent to your friends. Trust me, once the wedding is over, this stuff won't seem nearly as important. No sense in getting stressed about it now. I know, I got stressed about stuff at mine (Massassachuttes, anyone?) but once that day arrives, none of it matters. We'll be there to make sure you're having a fabulous time and to keep you as stress free as possible. In the meantime, however, you may just have to put up with the 3,000 opinions from others. And just think-when your sister comes home, the questions will be about why she doesn't have a boyfriend, not about why you didn't choose dahlias for your centerpieces-yay for that!!! :-)
I know you are stressed but think how wonderful it is to have that many people in your life who care about you!!
I know exactly how you feel... my mom basically told me she and my father would BOTH be walking me down the aisle.
You will look amazing and everything will turn out fine!!
This Oren fellow sounds quite charming
Post a Comment